Top 5 Things About Spring:
5. Milder, warmer days. (Short or no sleeves, anyone?)
4. Torrential rain. In like a lion, out like a lamb.
3. Flowering trees giving way to leaves.
2. The smell of fresh, thawing earth.
1. Longer days = more time to garden.
Work to do in Your Annual Garden Now
If you haven't already, double-check your last frost date here;
Start seedlings in biodegradable planting containers (like egg crates, toilet paper tubes, or rolled black and white newsprint);
Begin to harden off seedlings by setting them out during above freezing temperature days for longer periods of time;
Prepare beds by adding compost and turning the soil over;
Once the threat of frost is over, go ahead and plant! (Make sure to water consistently, especially early on, to encourage healthy roots and consistent growth of your edibles.)